Hello and welcome back. Week Two as guest designer with the CAS Colours & Sketches team for the month of May.
The CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge (#469) this week is a Sketch:
- Just Add Ink (#602) Choose Two – Stenciling, Heat Embossing or Texture Paste.
- Happy Little Stampers (May) Stencil – Anything Goes.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3¾” x 5”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, May all your paths lead to happiness, from the retired By the Bay stamp set was selected because it was very appropriate to the focal image.
- The sentiment was stamped with Evening Evergreen ink.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with my favorite retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. The slub-linen look also went very well with the focal image.
- Vertical Strip: (¾” x 5½”) Soft Succulent cardstock scrap.
- Using a Palette Knife, Shimmery White Embossing Paste and the Diamond Pattern Stencil from the retired Pattern Party Decorative Masks set, the texture was added to the strip.
- Square: (1⅞” x 1⅞”) Evening Evergreen cardstock scrap
- Shape – Hexagon – Focal Image: (1⅞” x 1⅝”) Nature Scene with Crane patterned piece of paper from the Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
All of the elements were adhered to resemble the sketch.
A soft and subtle clean and simple card with a bit of shimmery stenciled textured bling. Green is my very most favorite color, and I am always drawn to things Oriental. This combination is so very serene.
Looking forward to what you will create with this sketch…play along and post your project.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.