Lots of plans this weekend…not sure if we will be able to do all that we want. Spring Festivals and events all start. So, I am trying to beat a few deadlines.
Style and Theme – CAS on Friday Challenge (#230), AAA Cards Challenge (#212) and The Flower Challenge (#68); Color – Color Throw Down Challenge (#691) and bringing it all together; Sketch – Sketch Saturday Challenge (#699).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (3⅝” x 4⅞”) Sweet Sorbet cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (3½” x 4¾”) Basic White cardstock.
- Focal Image – Flowers: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Flowers and the Leaves from the now retired Friendly Hello Sale-a-bration stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The images were water colored with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush using Sweet Sorbet, So Saffron and Mint Macaron inks.
- The images were fussy cut and the Flowers were cut apart using Paper Snips.
- Sentiment(s): (½” x 3¾”) Starry Sky cardstock scrap and So Saffron cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the retired Celebrate with Flowers stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The Number “8” and the “th” Ordinal Indicator from the retired Make a Difference stamp set was also stamped with Versamark ink and heat set with Black Embossing Powder.
- The “8th” was punched out with the retired (¾”) Circle Punch.
I decided to flip the sketch to the vertical position to better accommodate the sentiment. The sentiment was cut apart and positioned on the right with the circle in-between. The flowers and leaves were arranged in the lower left corner with one flower popped up with Dimensionals.
A clean and simple card to acknowledge the 8th Anniversary of AAA Cards or just as easily for a little girl who loves pink and likes flowers.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Celebrate with Flowers – Happy 8th Birthday”
Wow. That was a lot of challenges to roll into one card. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card on the AAA Cards Challenge.
This is a beautiful card and I’m sure this little 8 year old girl will love it!!
The colors are amazing and your layout, with the sentiment on the vertical, truly stands out.
Thank you for playing with us over at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
Stay healthy and safe.
Beautiful card Jolanda! Love your clever way of adding a number. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge!