Hi! Welcome back…or rather I am glad to be back!
I always have a hard time getting my MOJO back when I take a Vacation break. So, I decided to play with a few challenges that have deadlines today.
- Sketch: Freshly Made Sketches (#532),
- Theme: Happy Little Stampers – Christmas (April),
- Tools and Other options: Festive Friday (#107).
I was inspired by CAS Colours & Sketches (#466) for the choice of colors but did not enter this card for consideration because it does not have the requisite clean and simple esthetic. I found the Pool Party color a challenge with the other two, Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive, which are great colors for holiday cards.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (5¼” x 4’) Pool Party cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (3¾” x 2½”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Focal Panel was adhered to the Accent Panel and together, they were dry-embossed with the Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image – Pine Boughs: (3” x 3”) Old Olive cardstock scrap.
- The Pine Boughs were die-cut with the two pine dies from the retired Beautiful Boughs Dies set.
- The Pine Boughs were then dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image – Winter Roses: (2” x 3½”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock scrap and retired Blushing Bride Glitter Paper scrap.
- Using the four coordinating floral dies from the Summer Shadows Dies set, the two Roses were die-cut.
- The pop-out glitter pieces were adhered to the back of the solid Cherry Cobbler Rose Petals and the glitter detail frame was adhered to the top of the Roses.
- Sentiment Label: (2” x ½”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Merry Christmas!, from the retired Merry Patterns stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
To complete the card, the Accent/Focal embossed panel was adhered to the card base. The Winter Roses and Pine Boughs were arranged and adhered to the left of the focal panel and the sentiment label was adhered to the top right of the focal panel. Three Basic Jewel Rhinestones were colored with the Dark Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends and added for a bit of bling!
Never to early to start your cache of Holiday cards.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.