Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#294) is to create a Tag or add a Tag to your card.
Bringing it all together, I was inspired by: Time Out Challenge (#211) Outdoor Theme; Just Add Ink Challenge (#599) – Favorite Animal; and Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#352) for the Slim-Line Sketch.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (7” x 6” scored at 3½”) Mossy Meadow cardstock for a Mini Slim-Line card flipped to the horizontal position.
- Background Panel: (3⅜” x 5⅞”) Old Olive Pine Tree patterned piece of paper from the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper pack.
- Center Cross Strip: (1½” x 5⅞”) Mossy Meadow and Bumblebee Forest patterned piece of paper from the same Designer Series Paper pack.
- Center Rectangle – Tag: (2⅝” x 4½”) Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
- The Tag Hole was punched using the Detailed Trio Punch.
- The top corners of the rectangle were trimmed to create the Tag shape.
- The Tree Trunk image from the Beauty of Friendship stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso ink.
- The sentiment, Happy Father’s Day, from the Better Places Hostess stamp set was stamped with Cinnamon Cider ink.
- The Tag was dry-embossed with the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder to add texture and further enhance the Outdoor Forest theme.
- The edges of the Tag were colored with Cinnamon Cider ink using a Sponge Dauber.
- Completing the Tag: Early Espresso cardstock scrap and a scrap piece of the same Forest patterned paper used for the Cross Strip.
- The Deer was die-cut using the small deer die from the Grove Dies set.
- The Tree Foliage was die-cut using the small foliage die from the Beautiful Trees Dies set.
And we are done…all of the elements were adhered to resemble the sketch and the Tag was popped up with Dimensionals. I prefer the Mini Slim-Line card size, so I adjusted the measures of the sketch to match the smaller size.
Change the sentiment, and you have a great card for any occasion for the men in your life!
I hope I have inspired you to try your hand at adding a tag to your next project. If you do, please share it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. I would love to see what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.