Our current challenge at HAND STAMPED SENTIMENTS (#387) is Color.
- Additional Inspiration:
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Coastal Cabana cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Rectangle Frame from the retired Swirly Frames stamp set (Circa 2018) was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink to create a “painting frame”.
- The Splatter image from the Quiet Meadow stamp set was stamped with Pacific Point ink randomly within the Frame.
- The Ink Blot image from the retired Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set (circa 2015) was stamped randomly with both Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks within the Frame completing the “Painting”.
- Diagonal Cross Panels: (4⅛” x 2”) Basic White cardstock trimmed with a thin strip of Coastal Cabana cardstock scrap.
- Focal Image – Paint Brush Pot: (2” x 3”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Paint Brush Pot image from the retired Crafting Forever stamp set (circa 2017) was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Pot was water colored with a Water Painter and Pacific Point ink.
- The Brushes and Tools were colored with Stampin’ Blends: Light and Dark Smoky Slate, Dark Crumb Cake and retired Dark Mango Melody.
- The image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (1⅝” x ½”) Bermuda Bay cardstock scrap.
- The truncated sentiment, word only, Handcrafted, from the new Limited Edition stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were adhered in place to resemble the sketch.
Occupation? Mine is Crafter…what is yours? Love the trifecta of blues. They look so nice together. It is always fun to mix new with old, especially when creating for a specific theme.
I hope I have inspired you to try your hand at using these colors for your next project. If you do, please share it with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. I would love to see what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
7 thoughts on “Crafting Forever – Handcrafted”
Love this so much, Jolanda – I have so loved this set, lol. Such a perfect design – the spatters are just right!
Hah, and I totally skated over this being a Retro card, too! Duh! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!
Such a cute card Jolanda! I love the fun fold and a great use of the color combo!
This is super!!!!!
Love your “work of art” here, Jolanda! Great way to use those HSS colors too…very pretty! And your flower pot is perfect! Thanks for playing with our Retro Rubber sketch this week!
Super card Jolanda, love all the shades of colour you’ve used. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.
Such a creative use of the sketch and I love the almost monochrome feel to your card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT