The Inspiration Photograph and Colors suggested by The Card Concept Challenge (#173) are so pretty and became the starting point for today’s vintage style card.
My creative choices were influenced by:
- Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#157) a Butterfly, a Spring theme, and material – Vellum,
- Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#299) Ranunculus Romance Bundle as a favorite,
- Make My Monday Challenge (#172) to use Washi Tape and
- Try Stampin’ On Tuesday Challenge (#550) for the Sketch to bring it all together.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Garden Green cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Pink and Green small Floral patterned piece of paper from the retired English Garden Designer Series Paper pack.
- Overlay: (4¼” x 5½”) Vellum for a softer romantic haze over the patterned paper.
- Tag Shape: (2” x 3”’) Gold Vellum die-cut with one of the tag dies from the Tailor Made Tags Dies set.
- Three stamps from the Ranunculus Romance stamp set were stamped on to the Tag with Timber Brown Stazon ink: Fillagree Strip, Lille Register and Inventory Record.
- Circle Shape: (2¼” x 2¼”) Basic White cardstock scrap
- Gold, White and Taupe patterned retired Washi Tapes from my stash were used to cover the square.
- The Circle Shape was die-cut with the (1⅞”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set and used as a background for the focal image.
- Focal Image: (2” x 3½”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Ranunculus Floral stamp from the same stamp set was stamped with the Stazon ink.
- The Ranunculus was colored with Stampin’ Blends: Flowers – Light Flirty Flamingo and Light Polished Pink and Leaves/Stems – Light Granny Apple Green with a bit of Light Old Olive and a bit of Light Shaded Spruce to get to a color that was close to Garden Green.
- The Ranunculus was die-cut with the coordinating die from the Ranunculus Dies set.
- The image was closely trimmed and the spaces between the stems were cut away with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅛” x ⅝”) Garden Green cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Just for You, from the stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch and a couple of Brushed Brass Butterflies were added for a bit of bling and to make sure that “Tic” of Tic, Tac, Toe was not forgotten.
I like how this card came together. So pretty and soft.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.