The Inspiration Photograph and Colors suggested by The Card Concept Challenge (#173) are so pretty and became the starting point for today’s vintage style card.
My creative choices were influenced by:
- Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#157) a Butterfly, a Spring theme, and material – Vellum,
- Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#299) Ranunculus Romance Bundle as a favorite,
- Make My Monday Challenge (#172) to use Washi Tape and
- Try Stampin’ On Tuesday Challenge (#550) for the Sketch to bring it all together.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Garden Green cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Pink and Green small Floral patterned piece of paper from the retired English Garden Designer Series Paper pack.
- Overlay: (4¼” x 5½”) Vellum for a softer romantic haze over the patterned paper.
- Tag Shape: (2” x 3”’) Gold Vellum die-cut with one of the tag dies from the Tailor Made Tags Dies set.
- Three stamps from the Ranunculus Romance stamp set were stamped on to the Tag with Timber Brown Stazon ink: Fillagree Strip, Lille Register and Inventory Record.
- Circle Shape: (2¼” x 2¼”) Basic White cardstock scrap
- Gold, White and Taupe patterned retired Washi Tapes from my stash were used to cover the square.
- The Circle Shape was die-cut with the (1⅞”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set and used as a background for the focal image.
- Focal Image: (2” x 3½”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Ranunculus Floral stamp from the same stamp set was stamped with the Stazon ink.
- The Ranunculus was colored with Stampin’ Blends: Flowers – Light Flirty Flamingo and Light Polished Pink and Leaves/Stems – Light Granny Apple Green with a bit of Light Old Olive and a bit of Light Shaded Spruce to get to a color that was close to Garden Green.
- The Ranunculus was die-cut with the coordinating die from the Ranunculus Dies set.
- The image was closely trimmed and the spaces between the stems were cut away with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅛” x ⅝”) Garden Green cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Just for You, from the stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch and a couple of Brushed Brass Butterflies were added for a bit of bling and to make sure that “Tic” of Tic, Tac, Toe was not forgotten.
I like how this card came together. So pretty and soft.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
13 thoughts on “Ranunculus Romance – Just for You”
Gorgeous vellum tag you created, Jolanda! Beautiful card and sketch perfection. Thank you for joining the challenge at Try Stampin’ On Tuesday.
Wow, Jolanda – that gold vellum tag is a stunner! Love all the pretty details you’ve pulled together for this – such a gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing at SU Only!
Beautifully designed card with great use of your Washi tape,thank you for joining in at MMM
LikeLiked by 1 person
Jolanda, what a beautiful card! So clever of you to use vellum on top of the background paper to soften it to a romantic “hazy” look! Aren’t those little brass butterflies gorgeous!?! Thank you for sharing your card and sense of the romantic with us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday!!! -Donna
This is gorgeous Jolanda 🙂 The vellum on top of the background softens everything perfectly. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts this week. Karen K DT
Beautiful! Love the use of the vellum. thanks for playing over at TSOT.
Sweet, pretty card. I love the idea of putting vellum over the whole background to soften the pattern. Thank you for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls Challenge this week!
Beautiful card. I love how the elements work so well together – great job of putting it all together. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin’ On Tuesday.
This is so pretty. I love the way you’ve used the tape and it’s a stunning card. Thanks for joining my Challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x
A beautiful vintage-style card Jolanda! The ranunculus roses and vellum covered background are lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!
Beautiful card, Jolanda! Love how you used the long-retired English Garden DSP with the current Ranunculus Romance bundle, I love to mix old and new too! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!
This is gorgeous and I love everything about your fantastic design! Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com and we hope to see you again tomorrow.
What a beautiful floral card. Love the vintage vibes! So happy you played along at The Card Concept!