I have a very different card for you today. Just stamps, ink and paper but it carries a bright fun punch of color.
I am a fan of black and white. I also like the art of Zentangling. I must confess I look more at the awesomeness out there than really doing it myself. However, some simple patterns pop out and I think they would work really well for cardmaking.
The current colors suggested by the Paper Player Challenge (#586) are favorites. Pink, Yellow and Blue could go soft and pretty or, as in my card, pack a wallop! Especially paired with Black as a neutral.
Wasn’t really sure what I was going to make with these colors until I came across the Paper Craft Crew Challenge (#466) to create with Mosaics.
Light bulb! Shapes, Zentangle, and Color…
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Coastal Caban cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (3½” x 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Artistically Inked stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Focal Image – Zentangle Square Tiles: (4¾” x 3”) Basic White cardstock.
- A larger piece of cardstock was marked off in a slanted (¾”) square grid pattern using a ruler and a pencil to lightly create the pattern.
- The grid pattern was filled in with color using the (¾”) Square stamp from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set. Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight.
- Using the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, the Square Tiles were dissected in to four (4) smaller Squares by hand. (Did not use a ruler)
- A little Rectangle was drawn in with the Marker at the cross point and filled in with the Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blend.
- Using the Blend, the Square Tiles were delineated, by hand, to have a darker, thicker outline.
- The cardstock was then trimmed to the size used on the card.
What a fun birthday card! Creating Zentangle patterns can be very meditative and I really enjoyed creating the grid pattern with these wonderful colors.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.