I have a very different card for you today. Just stamps, ink and paper but it carries a bright fun punch of color.
I am a fan of black and white. I also like the art of Zentangling. I must confess I look more at the awesomeness out there than really doing it myself. However, some simple patterns pop out and I think they would work really well for cardmaking.
The current colors suggested by the Paper Player Challenge (#586) are favorites. Pink, Yellow and Blue could go soft and pretty or, as in my card, pack a wallop! Especially paired with Black as a neutral.
Wasn’t really sure what I was going to make with these colors until I came across the Paper Craft Crew Challenge (#466) to create with Mosaics.
Light bulb! Shapes, Zentangle, and Color…
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Coastal Caban cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (3½” x 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Artistically Inked stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Focal Image – Zentangle Square Tiles: (4¾” x 3”) Basic White cardstock.
- A larger piece of cardstock was marked off in a slanted (¾”) square grid pattern using a ruler and a pencil to lightly create the pattern.
- The grid pattern was filled in with color using the (¾”) Square stamp from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set. Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight.
- Using the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, the Square Tiles were dissected in to four (4) smaller Squares by hand. (Did not use a ruler)
- A little Rectangle was drawn in with the Marker at the cross point and filled in with the Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blend.
- Using the Blend, the Square Tiles were delineated, by hand, to have a darker, thicker outline.
- The cardstock was then trimmed to the size used on the card.
What a fun birthday card! Creating Zentangle patterns can be very meditative and I really enjoyed creating the grid pattern with these wonderful colors.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Artistically Inked – Happy Birthday”
Oh wow, Jolanda, this is so amazing! I’ve never done any Zentangling or even really looked at it, but your card looks awesome! I’m sure it was time consuming but it is worth it. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!
Such a bright and cheery card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!