Welcome back! Happy Sunday to you all.
Over at Tic Tac Toe (#156), the right line challenge includes: Ribbon, something Floral and a Mother’s Day sentiment. With this in mind, I selected a few other challenges to create my CAS (clean and simple) card.
- Colors and Color Medium: CAS Colours & Sketches (#464) and Happy Little Stampers Watercolor (April).
- Tools: CAS on Friday (#228) to use a Stencil and Happy Little Stampers Stencil (April).
- Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches (#651) to bring it all together.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) retired Confetti White cardstock. I love the little bits of random color in the pulp and the weight is good for water coloring.
- Accent Panel: (5⅛” x 3⅞”) Polished Pink cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (5” x 3¾”) Confetti White cardstock.
- The Floral Image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set was stamped with Stazon Black ink. This is a waterproof ink, ideal for water coloring.
- With a small paint palette, scribbled swatches of Polished Pink, Soft Succulent and Garden Green ink from Stampin’ Write Markers, a bit of water and the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, the Floral Image was painted. The result – lovely glittering colors. See image below.
- Once dry, Soft Succulent ink was added lightly with a Blending Brush to the Leafy Stem Stencil from the retired Sweet Soiree Decorative Masks, anchoring the painted Floral Image.
- The sentiment, with much love, from the Through it Together stamp set was chosen because that one works really well for me as a Mother’s Day sentiment.
- Ribbon – Twine and Twine Bow: Very Vanilla Baker’s Twine.
- With a Hand-Held Punch, two small holes (1/16″) were punched to the left and right of the Floral Image.
- Three pieces of Twine were threaded through and behind the Floral Stems and secured to the back with scotch tape.
- A small Bow was tied and adhered with a Mini Glue Dot to the left side.
A very soft and gentle clean and simple greeting card. For a special occasion, a little embellishment is always a nice touch.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.