Having a little bit of colorful fun with a few Animal Challenges. Keeping it simple, just Stamps, Inks and Paper.
- Alphabet (Letter “A”)
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday (April)
- Color Throwdown (#686) for the colors chosen and
- Colour Crazy Craft (Week 14) because I chose to use Stampin’ Blends to color the stamped images.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Mango Melody cardstock.
- Accent Strip: (5½” x 1½”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (4½” x 3⅜”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Duck Family (two stamps) from the retired Fable Friends stamp set were chosen for my “Animals”. All images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The “Mama” Duck was stamped in the central position.
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool, only two of the “Baby” Ducks, the “Girls” were inked and stamped in front of “Mama”.
- The “Baby Boy” Duck was stamped on to the slick side of the see-through plastic Stamp-a-ma-jig square, turned over and pressed on to the panel so he was facing the opposite direction, stepping away from the family group. A version of the Mirror Technique.
- Hence, the chosen sentiment, You Are One of a Kind, from the retired Lovely Wishes stamp set.
- Colors and Coloring
- “Girl” Coats: Lime – Mixing Light Granny Apple Green with retired Dark Pineapple Punch
- “Boy” Coat: Aqua – Light Bermuda Bay
- The “Mama” Hat, Coat and “Girl” Hats: Dark Pineapple Punch with shadowing of Dark retired Mango Melody
- “Duck Beaks and Feet”: Gold – Dark Mango Melody
- “Feather Fluff”: Shadowing with retired Light Seaside Spray.
I have always felt that “Ducks in a Row” is an anomaly. There is always one in the bunch that marches to a different drummer…Let that be you!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.