Easter is quickly approaching and so many challenges have selected this occasion for their current theme. So, let’s play! Starting with The Card Concept (#172) Easter Blessings with selected Colors.
- Double Trouble (#107) Create a scene, add a bunny and partner with
- Cupcake Inspiration (#541) Bunnies.
- Inspiration Station (#27) with a smorgasbord of tasty ideas. In this case, the Rabbit and the orange, green and white colors in the Veggie Tray and the blue napkin.
- Bringing it all together with the current sketch from TGIF (#363).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Dotted pattern Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder.
- Accent Mat: (2⅞” x 2⅞”) Basic Gray cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (2¾” x 2¾”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Rabbit and Bicycle Image from the retired Summer Afternoon stamp set was stamped with Stazon Black ink.
- With the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush, the Grass, the Flowers, the Bunny and the Basket were water-colored using Certain Celery, Calypso Coral and Balmy Blue inks direct from Ink Pad lid.
- The Bicycle was colored with both the Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends.
- The Bunny was stamped on to a piece of repositionable tape, fussy cut with Paper Snips and used as a Mask.
- With a Blending Brush, Certain Celery ink was brushed across the bottom for a more complete Grassy Patch and Balmy Blue ink was brushed across the top for the Sky.
- Sentiment Circle: (approximately 1”) Basic Gray cardstock from center of the Accent Panel.
- The sentiment, happy easter, from the retired Eight Great Greetings stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. I chose this greeting for its smaller font size.
- The sentiment was die-cut with the smallest circle die from the Beautiful Shapes Dies set. I often like to use the center of an accent panel, when possible, for additional die-cuts because the “holes” will not show when the focal panel is adhered to the accent panel.
- Cross Strips – Ribbon: Two pieces of retired (⅛”) Grapefruit Grove Grosgrain Ribbon.
All of the elements were adhered together to resemble the sketch. The sentiment circle was popped up with Dimensionals.
A pretty little scene. Wishing everyone a Happy Easter!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.