Hi! Welcome back. As mentioned in yesterday’s post a new Stampin’ Up! Catalog is about to debut. Unfortunately, that means some favorite stamp sets and other products are retiring. For today’s card, and the challenges I decided to combine, I selected to use Create with Friends, Celebrate with Flowers and the Pierced Blooms Dies.
I conceived a plan…and after many little adjustments, it came together. I’m not sure how successful the card turned out, but I’m sharing it with you!
Here is the result:
Steps: In order of how I started creating…
- Flag: (1¾” x 5½) Basic White cardstock scrap strip.
- Using a ruler and the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, I created lines spaced (¼”) apart.
- The Stripes were colored alternately with the Light Misty Moonlight and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Celebrate with Flowers stamp set was stamped with Misty Moonlight ink and with the aid of the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool positioned on the right Balmy Blue Stripe.
- Eventually the Flag was trimmed to (1¼” x 5⅜”) with the flag cut-in by hand with Paper Snips.
- Side Strips: (1” x 3½”) Basic White cardstock scraps.
- The sentiment, Celebrate, from the Create with Friends stamp set was stamped three times with Misty Moonlight ink.
- The Strips were trimmed so that the (T-cross) was in the same spot for all three.
- When making decisions, the Strips appeared to be too “white”, so with Stampin’ Blends, I added Dark Calypso Coral (standing in for Pumpkin Pie), Dark Pale Papaya, and Light Old Olive highlights to the words.
- Decoration – Flowers: Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral and Old Olive scraps were die-cut with a variety of dies from the Pierced Blooms Dies set.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Misty Moonlight cardstock.
- After looking at Basic White, Pale Papaya and Balmy Blue, I chose Misty Moonlight because it was most pleasing to my eye.
Putting it all together, the Celebrate Strips were adhered to the card base, the Striped Flag was adhered to the left and the die-cut Flowers were assembled and positioned at the top of the Flag. And still, the Celebrate Strips were too “white”. With the Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend, I chose to add a Border to frame the highlighted words. I liked this toned-down look much better.
Still not sure if I love it but, I thought I would show you how my brain worked today. What do you think?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.