Having a play this morning. Welcome back!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Soft Sea Foam cardstock die-cut with the Stitched Greenery Die.
- Four Shapes – Hexagons: (2” x 1¾”) Basic White cardstock die-cut with one of the hexagon dies from the Beautiful Shapes Dies set.
- Cross Strip: (5” x 1¼”) Vellum.
- The sentiment, know that today a friend is thinking of you, from the retired Part of My Story stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. This is a nice subtle sympathy sentiment yet it can work for many other occasions too.
- Focal Images – Flowers and Leaves: Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper off cuts colored with Stampin’ Blends: Soft Sea Foam, So Saffron and retired Pink Pirouette standing in for Blushing Bride.
- Top Left Leaf and Top Right Flower were die-cut from the Honeybee Blooms Dies set.
- The Bottom Left Flower is from the Flowers of Home Dies set and the Fern is from the Iconic Dies set.
All of the elements were adhered in place to resemble the sketch. I opted to put the Vellum behind the Flowers and Leaves because the pastel colors are so soft and became quite muted by the Vellum. They looked so much nicer on top.
This is a very gentle sympathy card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.