It’s Tuesday!! A quick and simple card for Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Sketch Challenge (#350).
I have mixed it up with a new (to me) challenge blog: Festive Friday. A friend has been playing in this sandbox and the challenges look like fun so, I thought I would play along.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock (not shown).
- Background Panel: (5½” x 4¼”) Evening Evergreen Ombre Gift Bag.
- Window Panes: (4½” x 4”) A lovely water colored Landscape piece of paper from the New Horizons Designer Series Paper pack was chosen.
- The patterned paper was cut into (1½” x 4”) strips.
- Then the strips were cut to match the pattern of the sketch. However, I messed it up and cut the right side in three instead of the center piece. Oops! Anyway, we carry on. A sketch is a suggestion and that leaves us room to make it our own.
- The cut pieces were adhered to the Ombre background panel with a little space left between to create the window pane look.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅞” x ⅝”) Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
- The sentiment, Thanks for Everything, from the On the Horizons stamp set was stamped with Evening Evergreen ink.
The Landscape/Ombre panel was adhered to the card base. This #simplestamping card was dressed up with a bit of Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon placed under the popped-up Sentiment.
I adore the water-colored pages in the New Horizons Designer Series Paper pack. They are so lovely and I have a really hard time covering them up. Today the painting is the star.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.