Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#293) is to add texture to your card.
What does texture mean to you? Dry or Heat Embossing, Visual Patterns, Layers, Twine or Ribbon…there are a lot of textures to choose from.
Bringing it all together: Just Add Ink Challenge (#597) – Choose Two [Paper and Pattern]; Colour INKspiration Facebook Challenge (#118) for the Color palette; and Sunday Stamps Challenge (#280) for the Sketch.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Very Vanilla cardstock (not seen) to act as a sturdy base for the patterned papers.
- Two Wood patterns, light and dark were selected from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper pack for visual texture.
- Light Wood – Very Vanilla base: (4⅛” x 3½”) adhered in the center position.
- Dark Wood: (4⅛” x 2”) cut in half and adhered top and bottom.
- Thin Cross Strips: (4⅛” x ⅛”)
- Linen Thread was wrapped around the Dark Wood to suggest the thin strips in the sketch and adds tactile texture.
- Center Shape(s) – Potted Plants: Fussy-Cut Garden Green, Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen Plants in a Gray toned Pots from the Bloom Where You’re Planted Designer Series Paper pack.
- Sentiment Label: (1⅝”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Good Things Grow…, from the All Squared Away stamp set was inked with the Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker and stamped on two lines: Good Things and Grow…, with the aid of the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool.
- The sentiment was then die-cut with the larger circle die from the Tasteful Labels Dies set.
- The Label was then tinted with Soft Succulent ink using a Sponge Dauber.
- The addition of color to edging detail of the circle shape also adds textural interest
The Linen Thread wrapped Background Panel was adhered to the card base. The Sentiment Label was set in place as was the taller Potted Plant. The other Potted Plant was popped up with Dimensionals and added more visual texture with the use of layering.
A unisex card with a leaning to the masculine. I would use this card as a congratulations or a birthday card. Graduations will be happening soon…
I hope I have inspired you to try your hand at adding texture to your next project. If you do, please share it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. I would love to see what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.