Hi! Welcome back. Chasing down a few more deadlines!
Here is the result:
Like my card? Please Vote…
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Coastal Cabana cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Softly Falling Embossing Folder. A perfect choice for sea bubbles.
- Side Strip: (½” x 4”) Gorgeous Grape cardstock scrap.
- Center Panel: (2½” x 4”) Basic White cardstock piece.
- In a previous Technique Class, we created (3” x 4¼”) panels using Shaving Cream and drops of ink (Class Ink Refills). The colors used were Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape and Pacific Point. Every panel comes out differently. The one I selected and trimmed down for this card was a nice bubbly piece reminiscent of the sea.
- Focal Image(s) – Sea Horse: Basic White cardstock.
- Granny Apple Green ink was applied to the cardstock with a Blending Brush.
- The Sea Horse from the Sea Life Dies set was cut and trimmed out.
- A piece of retired Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper was colored with the Wide-Tipped Water Painter and a Granny Apple Green watercolor wash.
- Once dry, with a quick blast with the Heat Tool, the colored Sea Horse was adhered to the glitter paper with Mini Glue Dots. Liquid Glue and Glitter Paper do not like each other…glue dots work best for sticking the two together.
- The glitter paper was trimmed away by Fussy-Cutting with Paper Snips.
- The glitter provides a nice sparkle and fills in the Sea Horse body cut outs which allows the image to stand apart from the bubbling sea background.
- Sentiment Label: (1¾” x ⅞”) Gorgeous Grape cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Thank You, from the Hello Beautiful stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was then die-cut with the small oval die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
Completing the card, all of the elements were arranged to match the sketch. The sentiment was popped up with Dimensionals and for a little extra bling, Wave Basic Rhinestone Jewels were added.
Love this color combination! If you could take a trip back in time and sneak a peek in my teenage bedroom, you would find a carpet mostly blue with lots of Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana bits woven in, Harlequin curtains, again in this combination but with less blue and a bright green bedspread. My ocean oasis of calm…
A fun card to create!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
For information regarding the Shaving Cream Technique…you can just google it. Have fun trying it.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.