Hi! Welcome back.
Sundays are always great days to play in the Studio. The only drawback is that if I get busy during the week, all of the challenges (mostly sketches) that have Sunday deadlines are set up in the cue. Noon means Noon and Three means Three. Decided not to do the Noon challenge and forgot that this one closed at three – oops!
Never mind, I mixed it up with a few others so, let’s still have fun talking about what I made.
Theme: Time Out (#210) – Inspired by Words: Happiness is a Warm Puppy; Stampin’ Up! Only (#298) – Animals; and Paper Players (#585) – Laughter is the Best Medicine; Materials: Just Add Ink Challenge (#597) – Choose Two [Paper and Pattern].
As mentioned, I missed the deadline, but I selected the Try Stampin’ On Tuesday’s Sketch (#548) with the Option – Punny. To fit my idea, I flipped the sketch 90 degrees to the horizontal position.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½”) scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock (not seen) to act as a sturdy base for the patterned papers.
- The Brick patterned piece of paper (5¼” x 3⅛”) is from the Bloom Where You’re Planted Designer Series Paper was adhered.
- The Grass patterned piece of paper (5¼” x 1”) is from the Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper pack was adhered slightly overlapping the Brick paper.
- Side Panel: Visually (1¾” x 4”) with the Linen Thread and the Tree.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around Background Panel.
- Using the Inspiring Canopies Dies set, the Trees were die-cut using Soft Suede cardstock (1¾” x 4”).
- A small piece of the same green Flowering Fields DSP was also die-cut to suggest additional Grass for the front of the Tree Trunks.
- Focal Image(s) – Dogs and Tennis Ball: Fussy-Cut from a piece of patterned paper from the retired Playful Pets Designer Series Paper pack.
- Sentiment Label: (1½” x 1”) Real Red cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Together We Make a Great Pair from the retired Animal Outing stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was then die-cut with the Flag die from the Tasteful Labels Dies set.
Putting it all together, the Tree was positioned to the left-side and the Linen Thread was added. The Dogs were positioned to the right-side and the Tennis Ball was popped up with a Mini Dimensional. The Sentiment Flag was added, and the completed panel was adhered to the card base.
This was a fun card to make. The Playful Pups make me smile. How about you?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.