It will be April tomorrow and I must update my events and class calendar, but I needed to sneak in one more card…
Sketch: Paper Players Challenge (#584); Colors: Color Throwdown Challenge (#686); and choice of Stamp Set: Stampin’ Through the Catalog Facebook Challenge for March 31st.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Highland Heather cardstock.
- Card Front: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Part (1)
- Using the larger “Oval” die from Beautiful Shapes Dies set, a Mask was created with a Post-It-Note.
- The Mask was positioned to reflect the three rectangle shapes suggested by the sketch.
- Using a Blending Brush and Soft Sea Foam ink the background shapes were created for the Focal Image.
- Part (2)
- The Floral Stem image from the Honeybee Home stamp set was stamped three times with Soft Succulent ink over the background shapes.
- Using a Blender Pen and some ink from the Ink Pad Lids, the Leaves were colored with Soft Succulent ink and the Flowers were colored with Highland Heather ink with a bit of Gorgeous Grape ink for shading.
- Part (3)
- A few flicks of Soft Succulent ink were added to the Floral Stems with the Blender Pen and Soft Succulent ink.
- Using my favorite retired Splatter stamp from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set, splatters were added randomly with both the Highland Heather and Soft Succulent inks.
- Sentiment Banner: (4” x ½”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- The Very Vanilla strip was colored with Highland Heather ink and a Blending Brush for a soft effect.
- The sentiment, Our friendship is a thing of beauty, from the Waves of Inspiration stamp set, was stamped with Soft Succulent ink.
- The banner was cut on the diagonal and popped up on the card front with Dimensionals.
A very pretty soft card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
5 thoughts on “Honeybee Home – Beautiful Friendship”
This is very pretty, Jolanda! I love how you used the flowers as the vertical elements! Great coloring as well! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!
that’s so pretty Jolanda – love the muted colours
Beautiful, Jolanda! I love how you used stamped images to represent the vertical panels…so clever! These soft colors are so pretty together. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!
Jolanda, each time I visit your blog I am more delighted to see what you’ve made! Your soft colors and masking make this beautiful card extra special. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!
Gorgeous combination of challenges!! hanks for joining the fun and playing along with the CTD challenge!