I have the honor of guesting with Retro Rubber for their Groovy Sixties Color Challenge (#179). What fun…color challenges are one of my favorites! I selected the retired stamp set Feathery Friends (circa 2017) for this project. All images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends. Colors chosen: Both Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, Highland Heather, and Granny Apple Green.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Magenta Madness cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The swooping Floral image was stamped along the bottom.
- The image was colored
- The Bird image was stamped to the right and again on a scrap of Basic White cardstock.
- The second stamped Bird was colored, and Fussy Cut with Paper Snips omitting the Feet and adhered over the original stamped Bird.
- The sentiment, You are amazing, was stamped in between the Flowers and the Bird.
- Rectangle Panels: (⅞” x 2⅞”) Basic White cardstock scraps.
- The three rectangles were die-cut with the same sized rectangle die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies set.
- The Leafy image was stamped on to two of the panels and colored.
- On another scrap of Basic White cardstock, the Five Petal Flower was stamped, colored and Fussy Cut.
- On yet another scrap of Basic White cardstock, the Straight Leaf Stem was stamped and colored then Fussy Cut.
- The panels were arranged as per the sketch and the Five Petal Flower was popped up with Dimensionals and the Straight Stem was adhered over the single center panel.
The completed card front was adhered to the card base. When researching 60’s iconography and images, I came across this image, and it became my inspiration. What a fun challenge from Retro Rubber. Cannot wait to see what you create!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 4X6HVWNJ (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.