Hi, welcome back! I have been mulling over my design for the FUSION Challenge for days and now the deadline is here. Time to get cracking…
So many elements on this Bookshelf inspired me and I had a deep dive into my collection of stamp sets (retired) to keep the scale of the images similar.
- Picture Frame: Postage Collection, Collage Curios and Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Vase: Boho Indigo and Peaceful Noel
- Books: Delivering Cheer and Gold Marker
- Shelf / Mantel: Gorgeous Grunge and Hearth & Home Framelits Dies
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Card Front: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock and Basic White cardstock scraps.
- Part (1) – Picture Frame:
- The Frame was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The Vintage Rose image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with a Blender Pen using Bumblebee and Evening Evergreen ink direct from Ink Pad Lid.
- The Frame was then Fussy-Cut with Paper Snips and dry-embossed for a canvas linen look.
- Part (2) – Vase:
- The Vase image was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
- The Vase was Fussy-Cut and trimmed down and re-shaped.
- The two Foliage images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with the Two-Step infill images. Leaves – Evening Evergreen ink, one full strength and one stamped-off. Puffs – stamped-off So Saffron ink.
- The Foliage was also Fussy-Cut.
- The Foliage pieces were taped in place at the mouth of the Vase with scotch tape.
- Part (3) – Books
- The image with the Gifts in Arms was stamped with stamped-off Soft Suede ink.
- The Gifts were colored with the Light and Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
- The Gifts were trimmed and Fussy-Cut to look like Books.
- Further enhancing the look of the Books, “Writing” was added to the Book Spines with the Gold Marker.
- Part (4) – Shelf / Mantel
- The Fine Line image was stamped with Smoky Slate ink.
- Using the Mantel Die, lined up straight with the stamped lines, the Shelf was die-cut.
Putting it all together:
- Smoky Slate ink was added to the area above and below the Shelf with a Blending Brush to add shadow and mimic the horizontal cross strip suggested by the sketch. The sentiment, You Make a Difference, from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the area below the Shelf under the Vase.
- The card front was adhered to the card base.
- All of the Fussy-Cut elements were popped up with Dimensionals and added to the “Wall” and the “Shelf”.
This was a lot of fun to make. In our favorite home of four, we had two built in bookcases flanking the fireplace like that shown in the inspiration photo. Oh, how I miss them. Fantastic to showcase favorite books and curios collected on our travels.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 4X6HVWNJ (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.