…when we’ve laughed together or counted sheep!
A fun card mixing up a few challenges:
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3¾ x 5⅛”) Basic White cardstock
- Die-cut with the same sized rectangle die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies set.
- The sentiment, I can’t begin…, from the retired Here’s a Card stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. This sentiment worked really well with the focal image.
- Focal Image Circle – Sheep: (2¾” x 2¾”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Sheep image from the retired Counting Sheep stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink into the center.
- Using the (2⅜”) circle die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set, the Sheep image was cut out of the Square.
- With the Grass stamp from the same stamp set and Pool Party ink, a little grass was added.
- A Mask was created of the Sheep by stamping the image again on a Post-It-Note and Fussy Cutting the image.
- With the Mask in place and using Blending Brushes, Pool Party ink was added in the Sky area and Mint Macaron ink was added in the Grass area.
- The Sheep image was colored with Stampin’ Blends: Eyes – Light Pool Party; Nose and Hooves – Dark Smoky Slate; and for the Fur Shading – retired Light Soft Sky Stampin’ Blendabilites.
- Accent Square Panel: (2⅝” x 2⅝”) Same Basic White cardstock scrap from previous step.
- The square die (2⅝” x 2⅝”) from the same die set, Stitched Shapes, was fitted around the previous cut circle.
- The die-cut Square was colored using Daffodil Delight ink and a Blending Brush.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch.
Welcome to Spring and let’s have more laughs when we get together for Easter Brunch…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 4X6HVWNJ (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.