Several Rainbow themed challenges this week. Let’s be a little unconventional and play!
For the theme: Inspiration Station (#26) and Global Design Project (#335) and the color ideology from the Paper Craft Crew (#463) to use non-traditional rainbow colors. So, let’s use the colors suggested by the Stampin’ Up! Concept Artists and the Tuesday Morning Sketches (#649) sketch.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Pool Party cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (4⅛” x 3¼”) Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (4” x 3⅛”) Basic White cardstock
- Hand drawn Twelve Square Zentangle Sun/Star pattern using a Micron 05 Journaling Pen. The Squares are essentially (⅞” x ⅞”).
- The left side of each split diamond was shaded with the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend.
- Each Square was stamped with the Small Square (approximately ¾” x ¾”) stamp from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set.
- Rainbow: Upper Right to Lower Left – Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee – stamped off once, Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow – stamped off once and finished off with Pool Party inks.
- Sentiment Banner: (3” x 1⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, It’s your day!, from the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Banner was hand-flagged using Paper Snips.
- Additionally, an Evening Evergreen cardstock scrap banner was created as a skinny accent mat.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base. The sketch was flipped to the horizontal position to better show off the Rainbow Zentangle design and accommodate the sentiment banner.
I am pretty happy with how this card turned out. This is my first Zentangle…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “Rainbows and Sunshine – Happiest of Birthdays”
I love that stamped image and sentiment! Your card design is lovely and thanks for sharing your project with us at The Inspiration Station!
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
Gorgeous card! Reminds me of a crochet afghan pattern. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the Inspiration Station!
LikeLiked by 1 person