The Facebook Stampin’ Through the Catalog Challenge for today, Thursday is to use the In the Moment stamp set.
I selected the square card sketch from the Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge (#465) and the colors suggested by Color Throwdown Challenge (#685).
I rarely make square cards, nor use a lot of Orange. So, here is the result:
- Card Base: (9½” x 4¾” scored at 4¾”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Panel #1: (4¼” x 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Accent Panel #2: (3½” x 3½”) retired Call Me Clover textured cardstock from my Scrap Bin.
- Background Panel: (3″ x 2¾”) Pale Papaya cardstock.
- Focal Image: (2¾” x 2½”) Basic White cardstock.
- The image of the Girl with Coffee was stamped with Crumb Cake ink.
- The image was colored with Stampin’ Blends. Pants – Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Top – Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie, Skin – SU Natural Tones 1000 and 900, Pillows – Light and Dark retired Call Me Clover, Hair – Dark Crumb Cake, Hair Barrette – Dark Call Me Clover, Cup – Dark Pumpkin Pie, Window Seat – Light Pumpkin Pie and Window Glass – Light Balmy Blue.
- Detail was added to the Hair using a Micron 05 Journaling Pen (personal stash).
- For interest and room for the sentiment flag, the top right corner was trimmed on the diagonal at (1”).
- Sentiment Flag: (1⅝” x 1½”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is Relax, was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The flag shape was cut in by hand using Paper Snips.
- The Top of the Flag was colored with the Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend.
- A little Linen Twine was added.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch which was inverted to the mirror image. Essentially a #simplestamping card, Just Stamps, Inks and Papers.
I love a little reflection and a cup of something – tea, coffee, cocoa – and taking time to relax is always welcome.
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “In The Moment – Relax”
Relaxing, peaceful moment in your scene. What a lovely card and fantastic sentiment! Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Love your card!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
Patty S, Design Team
What a pretty card. I love your coloring! Thank you so much for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.
Anna, Design Team
Beautiful card, I love how you flipped the sketch to meet the needs of your image, perfect! The colours are great and work well with that challenge, fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
DT member AHSC