Our current challenge at HANDSTAMPED SENTIMENTS (#385) is an Inspiration Board.
I opted to use the Mason Jar, the Tulips and a variation of the Happy Mother’s Day sentiment.
- Additional Inspiration:
- Colors: Just Us Girls (#624),
- Theme: Crafter’s Café (#283) and CAS on Fridays (#227),
- CAS (clean and simple) Style: CAS on Friday (#227), TGIF (#360), and Stampin’ Up! (March).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). Pool Party cardstock.
- Card Front: (4” x 5¼”). Shimmery White as it is a good base for water coloring and has a soft Ivory shine.
- The three images, Tulips, Stems and Mason Jar from the Jar of Flowers stamp set were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and allowed to dry to ensure the ink was set.
- The image was then water-colored using the Ink Pad Lids as a palette and both the Fine-Tipped and Wide-Tipped Water Painters.
- I pulled out a few retired colors. Mellow Moss for the Stems, Pink Pirouette for the Tulips, Regal Rose for the Small Blooms and Sage Shadow for the Filler Greenery.
- Once dry, a very light wash of Balmy Blue was added to the Jar.
- Sentiment: The sentiment, So glad we’re family, from the Honeybee Home stamp set was added with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. A wonderful sentiment to celebrate those special someone’s who may not be your mother but certainly deserve to be recognized.
- Embellishment: Linen Thread.
- Stampin’ Seal adhesive was applied to a small piece of cardstock (1” x ⅜”).
- The cardstock was wrapped with Linen Tread and then added to the top of the Jar.
- A Linen Thread Bow was created and added to the side of the Jar.
All-in-all a simple stamped card…just Stamps, Inks and Paper dressed up with a bit of Thread.
Welcome to Spring!!
I hope I have inspired you to join our Inspiration Challenge and I look forward to seeing what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
5 thoughts on “Spring Tulips – So Glad We’re Family”
Oh wow, Jolanda, what a great accent for the jar mouth – perfect detail! Love the fresh and sweet coloring, too!
What a pretty spring bouquet, Jolanda! The twine is a great detail! Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is a lovely bouquet of flowers, Jolanda. I love how you used the twine around the jar lid. Such a wonderful detail. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
So pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS on Friday! Valérie xx
Inspired use of the twine and such a pretty card. Thanks for joining our FLOWERS challenge at the Crafters Cafe, CarolG
LikeLiked by 1 person