Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#292) is to create a card celebrating the Equinox.
Seasonal Changes are officially here…we have just past March 21st. If you live in the Northern Hemisphere like I do, Spring has arrived. If you live in the Southern Hemisphere, Autumn is just beginning. Both of these seasons are marked with color. Spring – Flowering Trees, Blooms and Sunny warmer days. Autumn – Changing Leaves, Fall Flowers and cooler days.
I chose to use The Inque Spot Weekly Sunday Sketch Challenge (SS024) that I give to my clients and tied it into the Tic Tac Toe (#153) Challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Triple Panels: (1 3/16” x 5 ¼”) Basic White cardstock. (Not visible)
- Grass: (4” x 2”) Pear Pizzazz cardstock die-cut with the Wave die from the Inspiring Canopy Dies set. The piece was dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Sky: (4” x 4”) Balmy Blue cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- The Balmy Blue and Pear Pizzazz panels were turned over and adhered together.
- The three (3) Basic White panels were spaced out and adhered in place.
- The three (3) panels were trimmed/cut apart matching the outline of the Basic White panels.
- Trees: (5½” x 4¼”) Soft Suede cardstock die-cut with the Trees die from the same Dies set.
- The Trees were cut apart. Three (3) of the four (4) Trees were adhered to the center of the Triple Panels.
- Excess Tree Branches were trimmed away.
- Short Banner: To mimic the suggested banner, I made sure that the “ground” line of the Trees remained parallel.
- Foliage: Cardstock scraps from my Scrap Bin in Pinks, Greens and Oranges.
- Using three (3) of the Foliage dies from the same Dies set, the seasonal Spring Flowers, Summer Leaves and Autumn Leaves were created.
- The colorful die-cuts were adhered to the Trees.
- Sentiment Banner: (4¼” x ⅝”) Basic White cardstock.
- The truncated sentiment, What a Beautiful Day, from the Blessings of Home stamp set was inked with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- The Banner was then dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to look like a bit of ribbon.
- Circle Shape – Birds: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Birds from the retired Quite Curvy stamp set were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Light and Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends.
- The Birds were then Fussy Cut with Paper Snips.
- A little bit of Light Old Olive color (Stampin’ Blend) was added around the “feet” to minimize the “white”.
All of the elements were assembled to resemble the sketch. The Triple Tree Panels were adhered in place. The Sentiment Banner was set above the Trees. The Birds were added to the foreground.
Seasonal transitions. Isn’t it wonderful that there are four seasons…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.