Before the weekend begins again, I am just getting around to the Inque Spot Studio Client Sketch Challenge from last weekend (SS023). Somehow, time gets the better of me…or perhaps…I try to do too much…but playing in the Studio makes me very happy! I chose to work with the current colors suggested by the Facebook Colour INKspiration Challenge (#117)
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder.
- Using a Blending Brush, Pool Party ink was lightly brushed across to highlight the texture.
- Rectangle Panel: (4¼” x 1¾”) Black and White Dashed patterned piece of paper from the Limited-Time Promo All Together Designer Series Paper pack.
- The paper was colored with a Real Red ink water-color wash using the Wide-Tipped Water Painter Brush.
- Cross Strip: (6” x ½”) retired Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon.
- Focal Image – Floral Spray: (2¾” x 3¾”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- The Floral Spray image from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The image was then water colored. Large Blooms – Crushed Curry, Smaller Blooms – Real Red and Leaves – Bermuda Bay.
- Technique was wet on wet with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush mostly using the Ink Pad Lid as a palette.
- Note: I did have a bit of a bleed from the Black ink and water. I should have waited a little longer for the Black ink to set before I started adding water.
- Once dry, additional color was applied for depth and detail.
- When completely dry, the image was closely Fussy Cut with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (2” x ⅞”) Bermuda Bay cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Anything is possible, was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The sentiment was then die-cut with one of the dies from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies set. I chose to trim the upper and lower “points” and add faux-stitching with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
Completing the card, all of the elements were adhered to resemble the sketch. The Floral Spray was partially popped up with Dimensionals allowing for the natural curl of the paper that happened when it dried.
Such a pretty stamp set. I am hoping it will carry-forward in to the next Catalog.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.