Hi! Glad you came back for a visit.
Working through my challenge list and a deadline is quickly approaching.
Over at FUSION, I chose to use only the sketch and decided to flip it 90 degrees.
The Stampin’ Up! Concept Team has created a weekly color challenge that will last for four weeks. So, you know me? Always up for a challenge and color challenges are a favorite. Another newly posted challenge over at Stampin’ Up! Only (#297) influenced my stamp set choice.
Here is the result: Welcome to my Wildflower Garden…
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Pool Party cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock; Focal Panel: (3” x 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Focal Panel was centered and temporarily adhered to the Background Panel.
- The Grass image stamp from the Wildflower Path stamp set was stamped along the bottom of both pieces with Granny Apple Green ink.
- The Focal Panel was removed and set aside.
- Using Blending Brushes, Granny Apple Green ink was added over the Grass visually creating the bottom portion as per the sketch and Pool Party ink was added to the top portion.
- Focal Panel: The scene was completed.
- Stamped-off Granny Apple Green Grass was added along the bottom of the panel.
- The Floral Stems were added with Shaded Spruce ink, both full strength and stamped-off.
- Polished Pink Blossoms were stamped-off and added to some of the Stems and full-strength Daffodil Delight Blossoms were added to the other Stems.
- Pool Party Speckles were added. I chose to use an old favorite from the retired Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set.
- Sentiment: Happy Birthday was chosen and added to the top left of the Focal Panel with Shaded Spruce ink.
The Background Panel was set in place and the Focal Panel was popped up with Dimensionals. If the card looks familiar…it is because I coopted (CASED – Copied and Selectively Edited) the sample found on page 21 of the Occasions Mini Catalog. It is one of my favorite samples cards made by the Concept Artists. I chose to keep the card simple by just using stamps, ink and paper.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
#stampinup, #jolandajohnstone, #theinquespotstudio, #rubberstamping, #stampsinkpaper, #papercrafting, #cardmaking, #diycards, #handmadecards, #makeacardsendacard, #birthdaycards, #wildflowers, #WildflowerPath, #flowers, #BlendingBrushes, #greetingcards, #FusionChallenges, #StampinUpOnlyChallenges, #SUOC297, #ConceptArtCreativeChallenge, #stampinupdemo, #cardmaker, #handmade, #SketchChallenge, #ColorChallenge, #ThemeChallenge, #simplestamping,