So much happening in the world…hard not to be affected by it.
Today, I took inspiration from several current challenges:
AAA Cards Challenge (#210) for Style; Alphabet Challenge – Letter “Y” for Colors; Retro Rubber Blog Challenge (#178) for Stamp Set choices and a stepped of version of Simple Stamping re: The Inque Spot Studio Weekend Keep Stamping Client Challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Card Front: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock.
- Part (1)
- Using the largest Hexagon shaped die from the Beautiful Shapes Dies set, a Mask was created from a piece of Copy Paper.
- The Mask was set over the Card Front.
- A Post-It-Note was torn in half to create another Mask.
- The torn pieces were positioned across the opening of the Hexagon shape.
- Using a Blending Brush, So Saffron ink was added to the split area.
- Part (2)
- The torn piece of the Post-It-Note Mask that matched the bottom edge of the So Saffron coloring was used to cover the top of the Hexagon opening.
- Using another Blending Brush, Smoky Slate ink was added.
- The process was repeated for the coloring of the top of the Hexagon shape. Less depth of color was intentional to ensure it was lighter than the bottom half.
- Part (3)
- The Copy Paper Mask was removed.
- Using the Stamparatus Positioning Tool and Memento Tuxedo Black ink, the Silhouette Plant image from the retired World of Dreams (circa 2014) stamp set and the word, Hope, from the retired Touch of Ink (circa 2021) stamp set were added. The Stamparatus was used to ensure that the “black” was solidly applied.
- Part (4)
- Finishing the card, the Card front was adhered to the Card Base.
- Per the current Stampin’ Up! Simple Stamping Challenge for March which allowed Embellishments, three Classic Matte Dots were added. Gray, Black and the White one was colored with the Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend to pick up the So Saffron coloring.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today and hoping for peace, Jolanda
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.