We have a Sketch, we have a Sentiment but we need more…
Let’s see what happened:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Black and White Cross Hatch patterned piece of paper from the Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack.
- Using a Ruler and both the Light and Dark Just Jade, Magenta Madness and Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Blends and the retired Medium and Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blendabilities (standing in for Crushed Curry), a colored Plaid Pattern was created.
- Center Panel: (2¾” x 4”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image – Flowers: (2¾” x 3”) Basic White cardstock scraps.
- A piece of Acetate (Window Sheet) was punched with the Flowers & Leaves Punch to create a stamp positioning tool.
- The stamps that coordinate with the punch from the Flowers of Friendship stamp set were fitted into the Acetate cut-out sheet, and then pressed onto a stamping block.
- All of four stamps were stamped at the same time with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, three (3) times.
- Using the same Stampin’ Blends and Stampin’ Blendabilities Markers, the larger Flower was colored with the Magenta Madness, the smaller Flower with Daffodil Delight and the Leaves with Just Jade.
- Once colored, the Flowers and the Leaves were punched out.
- The Flowers were then assembled.
- Sentiment Banner: (5” x ¾”) Basic Black cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, happy mom day, from the Happy & Heartfelt stamp set was stamped in the middle (center) with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The ends of the Banner were flagged by using the Banners Pick-a-Punch.
- The Banner was then scored at (¾”, ⅛”, and ⅛”) on each end and folded to be approximately (4”) long.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch. The Flowers were adhered in position and the Leaves were tucked in. Loose Flower Flourishes in pink and yellow were added to center of the Flowers for a little extra shine.
A fun, bright card for a very special person. Turned out pretty cool. I like it! Do you?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
#stampinup, #jolandajohnstone, #theinquespotstudio, #rubberstamping, #stampsinkpaper, #papercrafting, #cardmaking, #diycards, #handmadecards, #makeacardsendacard, #mother’sdaycards, #FlowersOfFriendship, #Flowers&LeavesPunch, #Happy&Heartfelt, #PatternPartyDSP, #GinghamEF, #flowers, #LooseFlowerFlourishes, #BannersPickAPunch, #StampinBlends, #Coloring, #greetingcards, #CaseingTuesdayChallenges, ##caseingtuesday347, #StampinThroughTheCatalogChallenges, #sttcchallenge, #InspireCreateChallenges, #ICC112, #JustUsGirlsChallenges, #JUGS623, #CanYouHandleThePressureChallenges, #CYHTP3, #stampinupdemo, #cardmaker, #handmade, #SketchChallenge, #ColorChallenge, #ToolsChallenge, #MaterialsChallenge,