Welcome to the new week! I am playing with the new stamp set, Waves of Inspiration. This stamp set and the coordinating suite of products is available now and is a sneak peek of what will be available in the new Annual Catalog.
There are several CAS (Clean and Simple) challenges that I have been mulling about. Happy Little Stampers (March) to add water and Less is More (#460) to add some bling. Over at Seize the Birthday (#233) they are looking for an ocean creature. So, I chose the sketch from Sunday Stamps (#278) to bring it all together.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Card Front: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Part (1) Circle and Shape # 1 (Water) per the sketch
- Using the Layering Circle Dies and Copy Paper, I created a Mask with (2⅞”) circle die.
- The Mask was positioned and secured over the cardstock.
- Using a Blending Brush, Balmy Blue ink was added to the circle opening.
- The Wave image from the stamp set was added with Night of Navy ink.
- Part (2)
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool, the Wave image was restamped onto the plastic sheet.
- The Stamp-a-ma-jig Wave image was positioned slightly lower and to the left of the original stamped Wave.
- The Wave image was then restamped with Versamark ink. The Mask was removed and the image was heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Part (3)
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, was also stamped in Versamark and then again in Night of Navy ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder (Clear Color Embossing Technique).
- Part (4) Shape # 2 (Crab Sea Shell) per the sketch.
- The Sea Shell image from the retired By the Tide stamp set was selected for the Ocean Creature – a Crab.
- Light Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends, were scribbled on a scrap of Basic White cardstock.
- The Sea Shell image was stamped in Versamark and stamped over the colored scribble and then heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The Sea Shell image was Fussy Cut with Paper Snips.
The completed card front was adhered to the card base. The Sea Shell was popped up with Dimensionals and Basic Rhinestone Jewels were added for bling. Two new blue Wave stones, one silver stone and three Champagne stones.
Just Stamps, Ink and Paper with a bit of bling, how simple…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.