Sundays are great days to spend in the Craft Studio. So, Let’s see what I just finished making…
I worked with the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge (#526).
I was influenced by, but did not enter, the following challenges: Tic Tac Toe (#152) for the Floral, Spring Color and Die Cut line and the Colors from Paper Players (#582) as they were still on my worktable.
How do these challenges inspire you? Visit the sites and play along…it’s a lot of fun!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Blue/Green patterned piece of paper from the Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper pack. The two-toned piece creates the color block suggested by the sketch.
- Focal Panel: (2¾” x 4”) Basic White cardstock.
- Using the retired Tranquil Tulips stamp set, the Flowers were stamped using the Two-Step images with Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody inks. The Stems and Leaf were stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink.
- I chose this stamp set because the DistINKtive™ images create a really pretty soft image.
- The sentiment, I Like You, from the Flowing Flowers stamp set was stamped with Just Jade ink to tie in to the darker blue of the Designer Series Paper.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to give it a painterly feel.
- Cross Panel: (4⅛” x 1¼”) So Saffron cardstock scrap die-cut with the Tulip Field die from the Tulips Dies set.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch. Yellow Tulips are a favorite and are just now popping up in my garden. So very cheerful.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.