Welcome back! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Today I am playing with the current sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches (#460). The stamp set, Enjoy the Moment, hasn’t seen a lot of love lately and I was looking for an opportunity to use it. This sketch seemed ideal.
I picked the current colors from the Paper Players (#582) challenge and used the masking technique suggested by the Just Add Ink (#594) challenge to complete this clean and simple card.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Card Front: (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Part (1)
- The Poppy Pods image was stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- Using Stampin’ Blends, the Pods were colored with Light and Dark Mango Melody and the Stems were colored with Light Old Olive and the retired Medium Wild Wasabi (standing in for Pear Pizzazz).
- A Mask was created by stamping the Pods image on to a Post-It-Note and then Fussy Cutting it.
- The Pods were covered and the large Splatter image from the retired Gorgeous Leaves stamp set was stamped with Daffodil Delight ink.
- Part (2)
- For the Wave element, a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock was cut apart with the Ground die from the Inspiring Canopy Dies set.
- Note: A free-hand cut would have worked just as well.
- The two cut pieces were set in place with repositionable tape approximately (¼”) apart.
- The Pod Mask was set back in place over the previously stamped and colored Pod image.
- Using a Blending Brush and Pear Pizzazz ink, the wave was added to the card front.
- Part (3)
- After the Masks were removed, a little more Splatter was added and I chose the stamp from the now retired Sale-a-bration stamp set, Friendly Hello using Crumb Cake ink.
- The sentiment, ENJOY THE MOMENT, was added to the card front with Soft Suede ink.
- The panel was finished off by adding Crumb Cake ink to the edges with a Sponge Dauber, making it stand apart from the card base.
- The card front was adhered to the card base.
My clients requested that my next class feature Masculine cards. I think this card will be a great addition to the selection.
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
8 thoughts on “Enjoy the Moment”
Fab card Jolanda. I bought this set last year but haven’t really got inspired to use it – you’ve definitely got me looking at it again!
Lovely card! You did a terrific job combining all the challenges. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!
Love this!! I need to pull out this set–you’ve inspired me!!
Love all of this on one layer – so much accomplished with just ink. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CC&S
Jolanda, this is so lovely! Those flowers are just ready to pop! Great way to combine all the challenges! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!
Beautiful – I really love the way you have coloured your card. Such a great Stamp Set. Chantell Just Add Ink
I love the layout you’ve created with this stamp set, simple and sweet. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Just Add Ink!
This is a great way to combine all three challenges Jolanda and it’s always nice to give a set you haven’t used for a while some creative love. Thanks for playing with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players and using the CC&S sketch this week!