Running a little behind on a few challenges and deadlines are quickly approaching…
Here we go! Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#346) for the Sketch.
Principal Colors were suggested by the TGIF Challenge (#358) and Inspiration from the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#296) for the Flowers, adding the Green, emphasizing the Yellow and picking up on the Wooden Chair Lattice.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4¼” x 5”) Bumble Bee colored patterned paper from the now retired Sale-a-bration Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper.
- Accent Panel: (3½” x3½”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- The right upper corner was distressed with a Bone Folder and peeled apart using the Suede Technique.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder.
- For a more vintage look, I tore the edges of the panel and curled the distressed corner down.
- Decorative Background panel (2¾” x 2¾”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- The square was dampened and watered-down Magenta Madness ink was applied with the Wide-Tipped Water Painter saturating the paper with diluted color.
- Once dry, the Splatter image from the Quiet Meadow stamp set was added with 2nd Generation Magenta Madness ink (stamped-off once).
- The Post Mark from the Ranunculus Romance stamp set was added to the top right corner with 3rd Generation Soft Suede ink (stamped-off twice).
- The Registration image from the same stamp set was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink.
- Using a Sponge Dauber, the edged were highlighted with Mossy meadow ink.
- Cross Strip: (4¼” x 1½”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- The Filagree image (3rd Generation) and the Script image (2nd Generation) were stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- Using another Sponge Dauber, the edges were highlighted with Bumble Bee ink.
- Focal images – Flowers: Very Vanilla cardstock scraps.
- The two Floral images were stamped with (3rd Generation) Soft Suede ink and allowed to set.
- The Flowers were quickly water-colored with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter using Magenta Madness, Bumble Bee and Mossy Meadow inks.
- Once dry, the Flowers were die-cut with the coordinating dies from the Ranunculus Dies set.
- Sentiment Label: (⅞” x ¼”) Simply Marbleous DSP scrap.
- The sentiment, HELLO, was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink and closely trimmed.
All of the elements were adhered and/or popped up with Dimensionals as needed to match the sketch. I opted to add a little more romance by using a piece of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim at the bottom of the Cross Strip.
What a fun stamp set to play with…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.