Our current challenge at HANDSTAMPED SENTIMENTS (#384) is Color. Such a pretty mix, this time around…
I picked one of my favorite retired stamp sets, Lovely Lattice, for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#151) for subject, theme and technique and water-colored the image for the Happy Little Stampers March Watercolor Challenge. The Spring theme was further influenced by the Paper Players Challenge (#581).
Here is the result:
- Cardstock: Shimmery White as it is a good base for water coloring.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”). The upper portion of the panel was loosely water-colored with Balmy Blue ink using the Broad-Tipped Water Painter Brush and the sentiment, such happy news, from the Honeybee Home stamp set was added to the upper right corner with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Flowers and Basket: (4¼” x 5½”). Both the Floral image from the retired Lovely Lattice stamp set and the Weave pattern from the Natural Textures (Hostess) stamp set were stamped with Stazon Black ink.
- The Weave was water-colored with Cinnamon Cider ink using the Medium-Tipped Water Painter Brush.
- The shape of the Basket was drawn on to the Weave pattern using the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and then Fussy-Cut with Paper Snips.
- Using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush, the Floral image was water-colored. Small Flowers, Buds and Floral Centers – So Saffron ink; Large Flowers – Fresh Freesia ink; and Leaves – Mint Macaron ink.
- Once the image was dry, the image was also Fussy-Cut with Paper Snips.
Putting it all together. I wrapped a piece of Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon across the bottom of the background panel. I adhered the Basket in place and then added the Flowers. For a bit of bling, I added a few Coastal Cabana colored Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels. So pretty!
We send Flowers for so many occasions…what happy news do you need to celebrate?
I hope I have inspired you to join our Color Challenge and I look forward to seeing what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Every month, Stampin’ Up! issues a #Simple Stamping Challenge. This month, in addition to stamps, ink and paper we can add an embellishment or two. The card I created is a slightly stepped-up version because I chose to water-color and fussy-cut, yet I only used stamps, ink and paper…a few gems, a bit of ribbon and my scissors.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.