Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#291) is to create a Slim Line card.
Wow! That is a wide-open category…Anything Goes. I prefer to make Mini Slim-Line cards (6” x 3½”) so, I chose the layout from the Sketch Saturday Challenge (#695) and the Colors from the Facebook SU! Color Challenge for March.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (7” x 6” scored at 3½”) Early Espresso cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5⅞” x 3⅜”) Soft Sea Foam cardstock (chosen as a neutral color) dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- I added the Textural Design elements in the upper left and lower right by using the dies from the Tropical Layers Dies set.
- Shapes – Circles Design: (5½” x 4¼”) Soft Sea Foam cardstock.
- Several Textures were stamped.
- From the Tasteful Touches stamp set: Little Square Boxes – Evening Evergreen ink and Floral Filigree – Coastal Cabana ink.
- From the Natural Textures stamp set: Heavy Weave – Soft Succulent ink and Light Knit – Soft Succulent ink stamped-off once.
- The various patterned circles were punched out with (¾”), (1”) and (1¼”) Circle Punches.
- Sentiment Banner: (3½” x ⅝”) Early Espresso cardstock.
- The sentiment, You are capable of great things, from the Through it Together stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The Banner was trimmed diagonally.
The different sized stamped Circles were arranged and adhered to the background panel to match the sketch and the over-hang was trimmed away. The sentiment banner was set in place and the card was completed.
A great encouragement card that would work well for many occasions – Graduation, perhaps? It is always amazing what can be accomplished when we make up our minds to try…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.