Enjoying a lovely Spring morning in the Studio. As mentioned, March seems to be the month for Spring themes and color challenges. I’m game, let’s play!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Daffodil Delight cardstock.
- Card Front: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Quilt Top Embossing Folder.
- Flag: (1½” x 4⅜”) Daffodil Delight piece of patterned paper from the retired Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper pack.
- Focal Image – Squirrel: (2⅜”) Basic White Thick cardstock.
- The little Sailor Squirrel image from the retired Fable Friends stamp set was stamped with Stazon Black ink.
- Using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush, the image was water-colored using the direct from Ink Pad lid method.
- Sailor Suit: Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight inks, Flower: Polished Pink and Daffodil Delight inks, Flower Stem: Mint Macaron ink and Squirrel: Crumb Cake ink.
- Once the image was dry it was die-cut with the (2⅜”) circle die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
- Sentiment: (1⅜”) Daffodil Delight cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Spring, from the same stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then die-cut with the (1⅜”) circle die from the same Dies set.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to match the sketch. Such a sweet fresh card to welcome Spring!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.