Welcome back! Let’s play with a few challenges…
Inspiration Station (#24) Mardi Gras, Retro Rubber (#177) Tic Tac Toe Board and bringing it all together, Freshly Made Sketches (#525).
Here is the result:
- Card Base / Card Front: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Brushed Gold cardstock.
- Side Trim: (½” x 5½”) Basic Black cardstock scrap (x 2) die-cut with the Stitched Ric Rack Trim die from the Tropical Layers Dies set.
- Center Panel: (2¾” x 5½”) Brushed Gold cardstock.
- The sentiment, Today is your Day – Celebrate in Style, from the retired Truly Tailored stamp set (circa 2018) was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with the retired Tufted 3D Embossing Folder to mimic the Harlequin Diamonds in the Mardi Gras Jester’s Costume.
- Focal Image Decoration – Colored Diamonds: (Scrap Bin) Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple, Blue and Green.
- Twelve Triangles (two of each color) were die-cut with the smallest triangle die (⅝”) from the retired Stitched Triangles Dies set.
- The Triangles were fitted together to create a Diamond shape.
- Accent Circles: (⅞”) Basic Black cardstock scrap. Six Stitched Circles were die-cut with the smaller circle opening from the Picture This Dies set to mimic the Pom-Poms on the Jester’s Hat.
- Tic – Birthday Sentiment, Tac – Die Cuts and Toe – both Dry and Heat-Set Embossing.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch for a modern graphic interpretation of the Harlequin Jester. Happy Mardi Gras Party – Celebrating in Style!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
#stampinup, #jolandajohnstone, #theinquespotstudio, #rubberstamping, #stampsinkpaper, #papercrafting, #cardmaking, #diycards, #handmadecards, #makeacardsendacard, #birthdaycards, #celebrationcards, #mardigrascards, #friendshipcards, #TrulyTailored, #DieCutting, #BrushedGoldcardstock, #StitchedTranglesDies, #PictureThisDies, #Tufted3DEF, #TropicalLayersDies, #greetingcards, #FreshlyMadeSketchChallenges, #FMS525, #InspirationStationChallenges, #ISC24, #RetroRubberChallenges, #RRCB177, #stampinupdemo, #cardmaker, #handmade, #SketchChallenge, #ThemeChallenge, #TicTacToeChallenge, #ToolsChallenge, #InspirationChallenge,
7 thoughts on “Celebrate in Style – Truly Tailored”
Great fun and clever card Love how you embossed and then complimented it with the shapes on top. Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Station, good luck.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh my goodness, Jolanda, what a great card! Perfect coordination, and I love your color choices – such a clever and buttoned up design! Love all the stitching! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!
Great card design, a very clever way to use the die cuts! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Inspiration Station!
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station
WOW! What a fabulous take on our inspiration photo Jolanda! LOVE IT!!! Very clever design! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
P.S. This also fits the theme at my new CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE CHALLENGE. I hope you’ll come share this beauty with us. Happy Day to you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love it – great combination of kraft and colour.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.
Gorgeous card, such a wonderful use of the tic-tac-toe and I love the pops of colour. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT
This is AMAZING! What a cool card….love the background, the triangles, the sentiment…love it all! So happy you played with us at the Retro Rubber Challenge this week!