I was asked to re-make a card I created as a Thank you card. As such, I thought I would enter it into Kylie’s International Challenge for March.
All of the details were the same except I substituted Thank You from the Happy & Heartfelt stamp set for I Like You from the Flowing Flowers stamp set.
Please vote for me by clicking on here: Kylie http://bit.ly/VoteforMeKylieshighlightsMarch2022
Playing with the Flowing Flowers stamp set for the Facebook Group – Stampin’ Through the Catalog today.
March has arrived and just like me, everyone is looking forward to Spring…warmer temperatures and the reappearance of flowers in our garden beds. In fact, many challenges have selected Spring Flowers and/or Easter as their themes. So, the Flowing Flowers stamp set will work out nicely for them.
Bringing it all together, I chose the Global Design Project (#332) general sketch from this week’s CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) of Kim Fee’s lovely card.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock die-cut with the Stitched Greenery Die.
- Square Shape: (2⅜” x 2⅜”) Pale Papaya cardstock die-cut four (4) times with the Triangle Open Lace die from the retired Botanical Prints Dies set.
- Focal Image – Flowers: Very Vanilla cardstock scraps.
- The smaller Three Floral stamp from the stamp set was inked with Pale Papaya ink and the edges were highlighted (kissed) with Flirty Flamingo ink using a Sponge Dauber three (3) times.
- As the image is quite light, I used the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to doodle in the details of the Flowers.
- The Flowers were then fussy-cut with Paper Snips.
- Using Soft Succulent ink and the Floral stamp with Leaves, I used the same ddodle and fussy-cutting technique for the Leaves.
- Sentiment Banner: (2⅜” x 3”) Mint Macaron cardstock scrap. The sentiment, I like you, from the stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder and then trimmed on the diagonal.
- Banner Accent: (2½” x ⅝”) Basic Black cardstock scrap also trimmed on the diagonal.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to the card base to match the general sketch. I folded a length of Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon and secured it to the card under the Sentiment Banner. The Flowers and Leaves were arranged with one of the Flowers like the Banner, popped up with Dimensionals. Pale Papaya and Mint Macaron Genial Gems were added for a bit of bling.
Spring – I like you!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.