Welcome back! A slew of challenges are due, so here we go…
Sketch: The Paper Players (#580); Tools: TGIF (#357); Colors / Theme / Tools: Tic Tac Toe (#150) and a Recipe from As You See It (#269) to use all of the elements: Die Cuts / Twine / Textured Embossing / Pastel Colors and the sentiment, Thinking of You.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Mint Macaron cardstock dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 4¾”) Basic White cardstock.
- Stencil: A stencil was die-cut with the Flower Market Die from piece of Basic White cardstock.
- Using a Blending Brush and Copy Paper as a Mask, the Pastel colors were applied. Colors used: Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Balmy Blue and retired Pink Pirouette and Purple Posy for the Flowers and Soft Sea Foam, Mint Macaron and retired Pistachio Pudding for the Leaves.
- Once the stenciling was completed, the panel was trimmed to size. The panel was then dry-embossed with the fine linen texture using the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Horizontal Cross Strip: (4¼” x 1½”) Vellum.
- Shape: (2½” x 3½”) Basic White cardstock scrap die-cut with the label shape from the Tasteful Labels Dies set. The label was colored with Soft Sea Foam ink using a Blending Brush for a very light color and shading on the edge detail.
- Focal Image – Flower Bouquet: (2½” x 4”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Floral image from the Blessing of Home stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink and then water-colored with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter. Colors used: Blushing Bride, Balmy Blue, So Saffron and Mint Macaron.
- Once dry, the Floral image was die-cut with the coordinating die from the Flowers of Home Dies set.
- Sentiment: (2⅜” x ⅝”) Mint Macaron cardstock scrap.
- The truncated sentiment, thinking of you, from the Very Versailles stamp set was inked with Versamark ink and heat set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to the card base to match the sketch. The focal image label and sentiment were popped up with Dimensionals and set to the left side. A White Baker’s Twine Bow was added to Bouquet to finish off the card.
Spring Pastels…Easter around the corner…such a nice time of the year. Thinking about you…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.