Two interesting challenges: My Inque Spot Studio Weekend Challenge to keep you stamping is a Technique – Tissue Watercolor Background(s) and the current Fusion Challenge which includes three (3) suggestions – Colorful Tropical Birds, the Colors and a Sketch.
From the Fusion Challenge, I chose five (5) of the Colors: Soft Suede, Merry Merlot, Mango Melody and Misty Moonlight, the Sketch and the Tropical motif for the overlapping shapes.
Here is the result:
- On a non-porous plastic craft mat, I added Merry Merlot, Mango Melody and Misty Moonlight inks direct from pad.
- I misted the inks with water and used a small spoon to blend the colors in to each other.
- A piece of white tissue paper (5” x 6”) was laid on top so that the colors could be absorbed.
- I also re-misted the tissue and moved the craft mat about to further blend the colors.
- I laid a piece of paper towel over the tissue paper to soak up the excess water.
- I took the colored tissue/craft mat outdoors to dry in the sun. I could have used a heat tool to speed up the process.
- Once dry, I crinkled up the tissue paper, smoothed it out slightly and patted it with Versamark ink.
- I added Gold Embossing Powder over the crinkled tissue, shook off the excess powder and then heat set it.
- I added Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue to a piece of Basic White cardstock (3¾” x 5”) with a brush and then pressed the colored tissue into the glue.
- I then wrapped the excess tissue paper around the panel and secured the edges with tape.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Misty Moonlight cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3¾” x 5”) As created above.
- Overlapping Corner Shapes – Tropical Leaves: (2½” x 3”) Mango Melody cardstock scrap and (2¼” x 4”) Soft Suede cardstock scrap.
- The large Leaf, from the Artfully Layered stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- Both the Leaf and the Frond were die-cut with coordinating dies from the Tropical Layers Dies set.
- Difficult to see, but both Leaves were liberally painted with Wink of Stella Glitter.
- Sentiment: (2⅛” x ¾”) Misty Moonlight cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Thank you, from the Artfully Layered stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to match the suggested sketch. I think the Tissue Watercolor Background Technique adds an interesting effect to the card echoing the colors of the tropical birds in the inspiration photograph.
Hope you give this technique a try. As I created my own background, I am entering this card to the Crafter’s Cafe Challenge (#282).
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.