Color Challenge deadline…such pretty colors from the team at the Color Throwdown (#681). I just had to use them with my Inque Spot Studio Weekly Sketch Challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- Side Panel: (1¾” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Fern image from the retired Butterfly Basics stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and again in Soft Succulent ink and then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image (1) – Flower: (2¼” x 4¼”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Floral image, also from the Butterfly Basics stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- The Flower was Water-Colored with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush using a variety of retired color Stampin’ Write Markers that were added to a Stamping Block which I used as a paint palette. Flower Colors – Sweet Sugar Plum and Perfect Plum and Leaf Colors – Certain Celery and Mellow Moss.
- The Flower was then Fussy-Cut with Paper Snips and added to the panel over the Fern.
- Square Panel: (2” x 2”) Pink Pirouette textured cardstock scrap from my bin.
- The small Dragonflies image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Corner Shape – Focal Image (2) – Dragonfly: (2½” x 2”) Vellum scrap.
- The Dragonfly image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- The reverse side of the Dragonfly was colored with Stampin’ Write Markers. Body Color: Perfect Plum and Wing Colors: Certain Celery, Sweet Sugar Plum and Pink Pirouette.
- The Dragonfly was then punched out with the coordinating Dragonflies Punch.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch. I chose to tuck the Square in behind the Side Panel and add the retired (⅜”) Silver Metallic Ribbon around the Background Panel and under the Side Panel to better show off the Floral and Fern images.
I chose to keep the card sentiment free. This is a soft and pretty Spring Garden card and there are many possibilities that this card would be appropriate for…Birthday, Hello, Thinking of You, Sympathy etc.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that this is the last day that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.