Enjoying a morning in the Studio with a few challenges. I pulled a lot of older stamp sets to create this card…
I flipped the sketch to the horizontal position. Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Early Espresso cardstock.
- Card Front: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Rectangle Panel: (approximately 5⅛” x 2⅛”) Pool Party cardstock dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Square Panels: (1⅝” x 1⅝”): Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake and Pool Party cardstock scraps all stamped with Early Espresso ink.
- Bermuda Bay (left) was stamped with the retired Wonderfully Worn Background stamp.
- Crumb Cake (center) was stamped with the Newspaper image from the retired Wrapped Bouquet stamp set and.
- Pool Party (right) was stamped with the retired Off the Grid Background stamp.
- Card Front Details:
- The four panels were arranged and adhered to the Crumb Cake layer as per the sketch.
- With the (1⅞”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set, an opening was created on the left side.
- With the (1⅞”) and (2⅜”) circle dies, a frame was created from a scrap of Early Espresso cardstock.
- Foliage inspired by the photograph, was die-cut using both the current Layering Tropical Dies set (Early Espresso Leaf) and the retired Tropical Dies set (Bermuda Bay Leaf).
- The Leaves and the Frame were adhered in place.
- Sentiment: (5⅛” x 3⅞”) Basic White cardstock inset card layer. Happy Birthday from the Paper Pumpkin – All Shook Up stamp set from the December 2014 Kit was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink positioned so that it would show through the card front opening and be seen when the card is opened.
The decorated card front was adhered to the card base and the card was complete. What fun to play with my stash. The use of background stamps, give the impression of texture with only a bit of ink. I love using embossing folders because the texture is so tactile. Layers add interest to all card and allow the introduction of several colors. Hope you like this cool toned tropical birthday card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.