Some interesting challenges available at the moment. The Global Design Project (#331) team want you to play with Circles and Dots and the Just Add Ink (#592) team wants you to pick two of three elements. I chose Patterned Paper and Layers. I brought these suggestions together using the current sketch from the Atlantic Hearts (#461) group.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Coastal Cabana cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Coastal Cabana cardstock.
- The words, HAPPY and birthday, from the Biggest Wish stamp set were selected.
- “HAPPY” was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink approximately (1¾”) from the left side.
- “birthday” was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder layered over the word “HAPPY”.
- Horizontal Strips: (5⅜” x 3”) Black and White Dotted patterned pieces of paper from the All Together Designer Series Paper pack and the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack.
- The sketch shows four (4) horizontal areas in total.
- I chose to put the Sentiment in the upper right versus the lower left and opted for an additional horizontal area and chose four (4) different pieces of patterned paper to make up the space were there was only three (3) areas.
- The patterned papers were layered over each other for a striking compliment of Dots and Circles.
- Focal Image: (2⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Open Circle image from the retired Playful Backgrounds stamp set was selected and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Circles were colored with the retired Medium Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Blendabilities Marker.
- The image was die-cut with one of the circles dies from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- Circle Accent Mat: (2⅜”) Coastal Cabana cardstock also die-cut with the same set of Dies.
Completing the card, the layered Playful Circle was popped up with Dimensionals to the left versus center, over the layered strips of Black and White Circles and Dots patterned paper under the layered Happy Birthday sentiment. Two additional Dots, the Matte Black Dots were added to the left of the sentiment.
I love to play with Black and White patterned paper and Stampin’ Up! has a wonderful selection of them at the moment. For a pop of color, I chose Coastal Cabana because it is fresh and suitable for both him and her Birthday cards.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.