Again, I am a little late to the game…my Inque Spot Studio Weekly Challenges to inspire you and keep you stamping from last weekend was incorporated with another challenge, Time Out (#208).
I love that colorful daisy in the photograph and used it as inspiration for my card:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Rich Razzleberry cardstock.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Wildflower Path stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Side Strip: (⅝” x 5¼”) White Dotted Smoky Slate patterned piece of paper from a retired Neutrals Designer Series Paper pack.
- Square: (2⅛” x 2⅛”) Basic White cardstock die-cut with one of the squares from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
- Focal Image – Daisy: (9” x 3”) Vellum.
- The two sized Daisies from the Daisy Lane stamp set were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Two each of both stamps.
- The Vellum was turned over and the Daisies were colored with Stampin’ Blends on the backside of the Vellum. Larger Daisies – Light Bermuda Bay and smaller Daisies – Light and Dark Rich Razzleberry.
- The Daisies were then punched out with the Daisy Punch and the Medium Daisy Punch.
- The Daisy was stacked color-side up and adhered together with Glue Dots.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch. I chose to put the Square in the diamond position and tuck the retired folded Smoky Slate Stitched Ribbon off to the left. I rooted around my stash and found a retired fuzzy Perennial Essence Floral Center and popped it on the center of the Daisy which was curled ever so slightly with a chopstick.
Voila! A very pretty floral birthday card…just perfect for celebrating the 8th Anniversary of Time Out Challenges.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theinquespotstudio on Saturday (Feb 26) for the next set of challenges.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.