Welcome back! Have mask, will travel…couldn’t resist re-using the Mask I created for the card I made earlier today.
A quick little card to meet a few more challenges…
Playing with Freshly Made Sketches (#524) and Theme from Paper Players (#579) along with the AAA Card (#209) Layout suggestion and theme.
Here is the result:
- Card Base / Card Front: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Focal Image – Wild Animals: (2½” x 2½”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- The Koala Bears, from the Count on Me stamp set was stamped in the center with Saddle Brown Stazon ink and again on to a Post-It-Note which was fussy-cut and used as a cover Mask.
- The Square Mask was positioned so that it framed the masked Koala Bears.
- Using a Blending Brush, Balmy Blue ink was added to the top of the square (for Sky) and Pear Pizzazz ink was added to the bottom of the square (for Grass).
- After removing the mask, the Koala Bears were colored with the Cinnamon Cider and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends with fine details added back in with the Soft Suede and Basic Black Stampin’ Write Markers.
- The Focal image square was trimmed (1⅝” x 1⅝”) and adhered dead center, representing (1/9th) of the card.
- Top Left and Bottom Right Detail: Fine Splotches, from the retired Waterfront stamp set were added: Balmy Blue ink on top and Pear Pizzazz ink on bottom.
- Sentiment: (3” x 1½”) Crumb Cake cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Love comes in all shapes and sizes, from the Count on Me stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso ink and then cut apart, trimmed and added to the card front.
A CAS (clean and simple) wild animal card that fit all of the challenges. If you could choose an animal for your card, what would you select?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.
4 thoughts on “Count on Me – Love…”
Adorable, Jolanda! Clean and simple perfection. I love the blended background behind the koala bears. The spatters really set off the focal image. What a sweet sentiment! I love how you have placed it. Thank you for playing in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players this week!
This is so adorable! I love the splatters and, of course, the koalas are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Such a sweet card Jolanda! Those koala bears are too cute and the sentiment just makes me smile. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!
Your cuddly koalas are adorable, Jolanda! I like how you extended the little splats off the main image square and onto the background. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!