Thursday and an opportunity to play along with the Stampin’ Through the Catalog Challenge on Facebook today is to use the Artfully Layered stamp set.
Here is the result:
- Mask: (4¼” x 5½”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Using Grid Paper, a Ruler and the (1⅝” x 1⅝”) square die from the retired Square Layering Dies, a four-square Mask was made.
- The Mask was layered over another (4¼” x 5½”) piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that I intended to use as my card front and secured it with low-tack tape.
- The Upper-Left and Lower-Right squares were colored with a Blending Brush using (1) Pale Papaya, (2) Calypso Coral and (3) Pumpkin Pie inks.
- The Upper-Right and Lower-Left squares were colored in the same manner with (1) retired Soft Sky, (2) Coastal Cabana and (3) Bermuda Bay inks.
- The flicked Water Drops were added using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush.
- When the Mask was removed, I determined that the placement of the Squares was not ideal. So, I chose to trim them out.
- Card Front: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Four Squares: (1⅝” x 1⅝”) as created and trimmed out as described above.
- On the Lower-Right square, I stamped the sentiment, Thank You, with Early Espresso ink.
- The Squares were then adhered to the Card Front.
- Focal Image(s) – Tropical Leaves: (2” x 2½”) pieces of Early Espresso cardstock scraps were die-cut three (3) times with the companion die from the Tropical Layers Dies set and added over the three of the Squares.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Early Espresso cardstock.
A clean and simple card inspired by the stamp set and the colors. Totally loving the Artfully Layered Bundle. So many possibilities…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQYUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.