Welcome back! Had a great class last night, but now I am chasing deadlines again. Extra rainy dark day this morning but the Studio is always a good place to play…
A few challenges that I thought complimented each other. At Time Out (#207), the challenge is to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) a card created by Michelle Ferguson. At TGIF (#356), the challenge is to be inspired by and/or use products in the soon to be retired (Feb 28) Sale-a-bration Brochure. At CAS on Friday (#225), the challenge is a theme.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Pool Party cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (3¾” x 5”) Basic White cardstock.
- An opening was die-cut into the center of the panel. For interest, I chose the Floral/Leafy die from the retired Tasteful Backgrounds Dies set.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Wildflower Path stamp set was added with Soft Succulent ink.
- FREE Sale-a-bration Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper in the Pool Party color was added behind the Floral/Leafy die-cut opening creating the impression of a Leafy backdrop.
- The panel was popped up and added to the card base with Dimensionals.
- Focal Interest – Flowers: Scrap pink piece of cardstock from my bin. I think it is retired Strawberry Slush. I chose it because it looked nice with the Pool Party color.
- The Flowers were die-cut with one of the dies from the Iconic Dies set and added to the Leafy backdrop.
This is a very clean fresh Spring floral interpretation of Michelle’s card. Instead of leafy bits coming from behind the die cut, mine are receding toward the back. My pink flower die cuts are coming forward ever so slightly. I also took a little bit of inspiration from a card sample on page 6 of the Sale-a-bration Brochure.
Finding inspiration in various challenges keeps me on my toes. I like that it makes me stretch and think about how the various products I have squirreled away in the Studio can work with all of the fantastic new products that come along.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQYUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.
One thought on “Wildflower Path – Happy Birthday”
What a lovely card! I like your creative use of dies and color. Thanks so much for playing at Time Out!