Welcome to “Twos”Day! It February 22, 2022 – (2/22/22). Doesn’t that suggest we need to have a pair of something? I chose a pair of Friends.
Here we go! Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#344). I chose to highlight the FREE Sale-a-bration stamp set, Chasing Butterflies. Sale-a-bration ends in six (6) days. There is still time to add this stamp set to your collection.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (3½” x 5”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Girl from the Chasing Butterflies stamp set was stamped in the upper left corner using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Using the Mirror Reflection Technique and the Stamparatus Positioning Tool, I added another Girl to the bottom right corner.
- The Butterflies were added to the upper right corner.
- The Girls and the Butterflies were colored with Stampin’Blends. Top Girl: Hair – Daffodil Delight, Skin – SU 900/800, Eyes and Dress – Balmy Blue. Bottom Girl: Hair – Bronze, Skin – SU 700/600, Eyes – Soft Succulent and Dress – Flirty Flamingo. Butterflies: Highland Heather and Pool Party.
- Masks were stamped on Post-It-Notes and Fussy-Cut for the Girls and a free-hand cut Cloud shaped Mask was made to cover the Butterflies.
- Using the Ocean Front stamp set, Grass was added with Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks. The Sky was added with retired Seaside Spray and Balmy Blue inks. The Masks were removed, and additional Balmy Blue ink was added over the Butterflies using the “Rock” shaped stamp.
- Sentiment Label: (2¼” x ½”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Friends like you make life a joy, from the retired Joyful Life stamp set was chosen in lieu of the sentiments in the Chasing Butterflies stamp set as it was a more appropriate sentiment for the two Girls having fun together.
- I added a swipe of color to the words with the Flirty Flamingo and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends.
I flipped the sketch and popped up the sentiment, on the left side, with Dimensionals.
I like how this playful card turned out. Any shared activity with a good friend makes everything more joyful.
I have decided to enter this card into the Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#149). Tic – White (Basic White cardstock), Tac – Friendship Sentiment and Toe – Two of the same thing (Two Girls).
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
If you want to view a tutorial regarding the Mirror Refection Technique, there are several available on You Tube.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQYUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.