Such a dark day today. I don’t know about you, but dark days zap my mojo. Had a hard time getting started on this project…
Sketch: Sunday Stamps Challenge (#276), Colors: Inspire Create Challenge (#110) and Technique Style: Happy Little Stamper Watercolor Challenge (February).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Back Accent Panel: (3¼” x 4½”) Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Forward Panel: (3¼” x 4½”) Light weight Deckle Edged Watercolor Paper from my personal stash. The paper was colored with a Misty Moonlight Wash using the Wide-Tipped Water Painter Brush and additional water in a Stampin’ Spritzer was sprayed to move some of the color around.
- Focal Image – Floral Spray: (3½” x 4”) Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
- Using the Stamparatus Positioning Tool and Black Stazon ink, the larger Floral image from the Blessings of Home stamp set was stamped.
- The Floral image was then water colored. I used a palette, Ink Refills and Water Painters to mix my colors.
- Flowers: Cherry Cobbler and the Medium-Tipped Water Painter Brush in a loose light wash and additional applications with slightly darker colored washes.
- Leaves: Soft Succulent and both the Fine-Tipped and Medium-Tipped Water Painter Brushes in a light wash. The color was deepened with additional light washes of Evening Evergreen.
- Once dry, the Floral image was die-cut with the coordinating die from the Flowers of Homes Dies set.
- Sentiment Label: (2½” x ⅝”) Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and Soft Succulent cardstock scraps.
- The sentiment, Thank You, from the Artfully Layered stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and then again in Evening Evergreen ink and stamped on to the Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
- The sentiment was then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder. This technique is called: Clear Color Embossing and is a great way to Heat Emboss with any color ink.
- The Soft Succulent cardstock scrap was added as an accent behind the sentiment label.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch which I rotated Ninety (90) degrees to better accommodate the Floral Spray. The sentiment label was popped up with Dimensionals and a few light green Genial Gems were added as dew drops.
Water coloring is one of my favorite techniques and this turned out to be a very pretty Thank You card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQYUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.