A couple of challenges just seemed destined to work together…
A favorite color challenge of mine is the Facebook group – Colour INKspiration. The current colors (#115) are So Saffron, Bumble Bee, Cajun Craze and Gray Granite.
Over at the Cookie Challenge (#165), the inspiration photo includes Bumble Bees, Daisies and similar colors.
Here is my collaboration:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Bumble Bee cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Using the Stamparatus Positioning Tool, the image from the Daisy Garden stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink and then colored with Stampin’ Blends.
- The Daisy Petals were colored with both Light and Dark So Saffron and Daffodil Delight (standing in for the darker Bumble Bee color).
- The Daisy Centers were colored with Light Cajun Craze.
- The Stems and Leaves were colored with Light Gray Granite.
- Honey Bees (3): Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The three Bee stamps from the Honeybee Home stamp set were stamped with Basic Gray ink.
- The Bees were colored with Stampin’ Blends. Wings – Light So Saffron, Heads and Legs – Light Gray Granite, Bums – Light Daffodil Delight and Body – Light Cinnamon Cider.
- The Bees were then die-cut with the coordinating dies from the Honeybee Blooms Dies set.
- Sentiment Label: (3¼” x ⅞”) Bumble Bee cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, You’re the Nicest, from the Honeybee Home stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with retired Pewter Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was die-cut using one of the rectangle openings from the Picture This Dies set.
The stamped Daisy panel was adhered to the card base, the label was put in position and the various Bees were popped up with Dimensionals completing the card.
A realistic interpretation of the Cookie Challenge using the lovely colors from the Colour INKspiration Challenge. A great little Thank You or appreciation card!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.
One thought on “Honeybee Home – You’re the Nicest”
Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE… challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper