Another Butterfly…I love the Butterflies…they are so pretty…
The current challenge over at Just Us Girls (#619) invites you to create your own Stencils using Dies. What I great idea! The die sets that I chose were: Tasteful Labels, Brilliant Wings and the retired Ornate Borders.
To complement the Stencils I created, I chose the current Freshly Made Sketch Challenge (#522) and the Paper Players Color Challenge (#578)
Here is the result:
- Stencils: Die-Cut from Basic White cardstock.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Horizontal Cross Strip:
- The cut-out Tasteful Label die piece was used as a Mask.
- The Ornate Floral Border Stencil was positioned in place with Low Tack Tape.
- So Saffron and Mint Macaron inks were added with Sponge Daubers coloring the Flowers and the Leaves.
- The Stencil was removed.
- Square Shape:
- The Tasteful Label Stencil was fitted over the Mask and taped in place.
- The Mask was removed ensuring that the placement was correct.
- Mint Macaron ink was added with a Blending Brush.
- The Stencil was removed.
- Side Note: Additional Leaves were added to fill in some spare spaces.
- Circle Shape: Focal Point – Butterfly
- The Solid Butterfly was die-cut from Basic White cardstock and colored So Saffron with a Blending Brush.
- The Open Butterfly was die-cut from Bermuda Bay cardstock and adhered on top of the Solid Butterfly. The So Saffron and Bermuda Bay colors work nicely together.
- Sentiment: The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Wildflower Path stamp set was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink directly to the Background panel in the area of the Mint Macaron Stenciled Tasteful Label shape.
The Background Panel was then popped up from the card base with Dimensionals and the Butterfly was added completing the suggested Sketch elements.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
As I chose the Occasion to be Birthday and used Stencils, I am entering this card in to the following additional challenges: Watercooler Wednesday (#334) and Happy Little Stampers (Stencils – Feb 2022).
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.
9 thoughts on “Brilliant Wings – Happy Birthday”
Beautiful combination of die cut stencils. Such a pretty color combo, too. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!
I love the stenciled background you created for that beautiful butterfly! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Such a lovely creation, Jolanda! Great idea to stencil those florals and center panel, and your butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for playing with my color combo at the Players!
Beautiful butterfly and I love the stenciling! Glad you joined us at FMS!
Fabulous card Jolanda. Love how you’ve combined the coloured and different stamped elements. Thanks for joining us at the WWC this fortnight. Tristan.
What a pretty card! Love the stencilling and the beautiful butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Beautifully done Jolanda. Great way of using die to make stencils. Thanks for sharing it with us at Watecooler Wednesday.
Beautiful stenciled background for your star-of-the-stage butterfly! Thank you for joining Just Us Girls this week!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Beautiful card…love the butterfly and stenciling! ! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players, so happy you joined us this week!